- Long-lived perennial tree with showy red fruit (female trees) and white flowers.
- Specimen tree.
8-25 ft tall by 5-8 ft wide
Suitable to grow in: 10A, 8A, 8B, 9A, 9B
Evergreen blooms in spring. Fruits ripen in fall and persist through winter.
- Dioecious so make sure you have a male plant (Shillings in a male tree) in the vicinity to produce berries on female tree.
- Best planted in full sun, part shade
- Somewhat moist to very long dry periods.
- Fruits are eaten by birds and bees pollinate flowers.
- Alex vomitoria
- 3 gallon
Be kind to your plant!
Unpack and water immediately.
Place your plant in a protected outside location for some fresh air and sun.
Don't procrastinate and plant it as soon as possible in a location that will help it thrive. See FNPS website for specific plant information.