- Biennial with showy purple flower. Does have thorns and care needed in selecting planting site.
- 1-4 ft tall by 1-2 ft wide.
- Suitable to grow in: 10A, 10B, 11, 8A, 8B, 9A, 9B
- Overwinters as a basal rosette. Blooms in Spring. Readily self seeds.
- Best planted in full sun, part shade.
- Used in wildflower gardens and meadows.
- Moderate moisture to very dry periods.
- Seeds are rich in oil, an important food source for birds.
- Attracts bees, butterflies and other pollinators. Larval host to little metalmark and painted lady butterflies.
- Cirsium horridulum
- 1 gallon
Be kind to your plant!
Unpack and water immediately.
Place your plant in a protected outside location for some fresh air and sun.
Don't procrastinate and plant it as soon as possible in a location that will help it thrive. See FNPS website for specific plant information.