- Called sleeping plant as leaves will fold when touched.
- Annual yellow flower.
- Use in garden setting, especially butterfly gardens.
- It's a legume and it fixes nitrogen in poor soils.
To 3 ft tall to 3 ft wide
Suitable to grow in: 10A, 10B, 8A, 8B, 9A, 9B
- Sprouts in early spring, blooms late spring. Reseeds.
- Best planted in full sun.
- Moist to very long dry periods.
- Laval host for cloudless sulphur, sleepy orange, little yellow and ceraunus blue butterflies.
- Also attracts pollinators.
- Chamaecrista fasciculate
- 1 gallon
Be kind to your plant!
Unpack and water immediately.
Place your plant in a protected outside location for some fresh air and sun.
Don't procrastinate and plant it as soon as possible in a location that will help it thrive. See FNPS website for specific plant information.