- Perennial shrub with red flowers and black seeds.
- Specimen shrub or background thicket.
to 20 ft tall to 10 ft wide
Suitable to grow in: 10A, 10B, 11, 9A, 9B.
- Semi-evergreen. Blooms all year but will tie back if it freezes. Usually respouts from the base.
- Best planted in full sun, part shade.
- Somewhat moist to short dry periods.
- Laval host for the Pluto sphinx moth and noted for attracting Zebrawing.
- Hamelia patens
- 3 gallon
- Plants being shipped will be pruned to 2 ft in height and sent in standard 3-gallon plastic nursery container.
Be kind to your plant!
Unpack and water immediately.
Place your plant in a protected outside location for some fresh air and sun.
Don't procrastinate and plant it as soon as possible in a location that will help it thrive. See FNPS website for specific plant information.